|2||(Altar Of) Moss, Lichen & Blood||6:37|
|5||Manifestations Of The Divine Root||8:46|
|7||Scrying Below The Wolf Moon||10:37|
|9||Ritual Ascension Through A Weeping Soul||5:39|
|11||The Ancient Wisdom Of Sorrow||7:42|
|RELIC90||Fórn|| Rites Of Despair (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Whi)||Gilead Media||RELIC90||US||2018|
|RELIC90||Fórn|| Rites Of Despair (CD, Album)||Gilead Media||RELIC90||US||2018|
|RELIC90||Fórn|| Rites Of Despair (2xLP, Album, Ltd)||Gilead Media||RELIC90||US||2018|
|none||Fórn|| Rites Of Despair (11xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Not On Label (Fórn Self-released)||none||US||2018|
- Artwork – Bryan Clovenhoov Proteau
- Bass, Guitar – Brian Barbaruolo
- Drums – Christian Donaldson
- Guitar [Additional Guitar By], Written-By [Co-Writer] – Brandon Terzakis (tracks: 2,3,5,6)
- Guitar, Electronics – Joey Gonzalez
- Mastered By – Magnus Lindberg
- Percussion [Additional Auxiliary Percussion By] – Alec Rodriguez (tracks: 9,11)
- Recorded By [Vocals Recorded By] – Andrew Oswald, Nick Lambert (tracks: 4)
- Tracking By, Engineer [Engineered By], Recorded By, Mixed By – Alec Rodriguez
- Vocals – Chris Pinto
- Vocals [Additional Vocals By] – Jessica Way (tracks: 11), Madalynn Collura (tracks: 4)
- Vocals [Additional Vocals By], Lyrics By [Additional Lyrics By] – Jessica Way (tracks: 10)
- Vocals [Additional Vocals By], Synth [Additional Synth By], Written-By [Co-Writer] – Lane Oshi (tracks: 1)
- Written-By, Performer [Performed By] – Fórn
From Gilead Media:
"Black vinyl limited to 400
White w/Gold & Green color vinyl limited to 300
White w/Blood & Brown color vinyl limited to 300 [THIS]
Their first proper full-length after a series of EPs and singles, Rites of Despair is the resulting vision of two years' worth of tumult, including relocations, lineup changes, life and death. Divided between two Acts, Act I: Depersonalization & Act II: Derealization, Rites of Despair explores themes of isolation, depression, decay, tumultuous self discovery, and abandonment.
On this album Fórn galvanize themselves as one of North America's leading purveyors of absolutely miserable, sludging funeral doom.
Tracking and engineering was completed by both Alec Rodriguez at New Alliance in Cambridge, MA, as well as Andrew Oswald at Secret Bathroom in Oakland, CA. Mastering completed by Magnus Lindberg of Cult of Luna.
As has become tradition, Rites of Despair contains artwork from the vision of Bryan Proteau, who has worked with Fórn on imagery for all of their solo releases to date.
Brian Barbaruolo - bass, guitars
Christian Donaldson - drums
Joey Gonzalez - guitars, electronics
Chris Pinto - vocals
All tracks written and performed by Fórn.
Lane Oshi - vocals/synth/co-writer on track 1
Brandon Terzakis - guitars/co-writer on tracks 2, 3, 5, 6
Madalynn Collura - vocals on track 4
Jessica Way - vocals/lyrics on track 10, vocals on track 11
Alec Rodriguez - auxiliary percussion on tracks 9, 11
All music recorded, engineered and mixed by Alec Rodriguez at New Alliance Studios in Cambridge, MA.
Vocals recorded by Andrew Oswald at Secret Bathroom in Oakland, CA.
Vocals on track 4 recorded by Nick Lambert
All tracks mastered by Magnus Lindberg
Artwork by Bryan Proteau"
- Engineered At – New Alliance Audio
- Recorded At – New Alliance Audio
- Recorded At – Secret Bathroom